Monday, December 27, 2010

So, Fa, la, la, la, la... Truck Days, and New Year's Resolutions.

How You Doin'?

So, I've been on hormones for awhile now, and I have noticed several changes in my person. Unfortunately, I still hurt. Today, as a matter of fact, is a "Truck Day". If you are not aware of what a "Truck Day" is, it's a day were you feel like you've been run over by a truck. That's how I feel today. So, I can't say that the hormones have cured that issue.... yet. I think that the overwhelming days may not be an every day occurrence right now, but I'm not convinced that is the work of the hormones.  However, there are female issues that have improved, and my mood may be improving... Really, I guess you should ask the people around me if that last one is the case.

THIS YEAR IS A COMIN'!

Christmas has come and gone, New Years is peeking around the corner, and all I can say is, "Whew!"   This year has probably been one of my worst years EVER. If I wasn't battling my body, I was battling people around me.  Many of these "people" issues I have attributed to my body issues. Hopefully, this year will be a bit more forgiving and a lot more relaxed. I am already putting into place several things that should see to that issue of "relaxed". God is opening and closing doors, and I'm hopeful that I am seeing clearly the beginning of the path He has set befor me this year. More on those things later.

I'm not one that makes "resolutions". I feel like they are just asking to be forgotten, done away with, or given up on no later than the fifth of February. I will occasionally make a goal for the year that is vague at best, but those are usually something like, "Make the best of every situation this year," or "I'd like to bake more this year."  Nothing too fancy and never anything that I will fall short on before Valentine's Day.  This year, however, I am only picking a word. This word will be a thing we focus on in the months to come. Something to inspire us, get us going, or to simply remind us that there is something more that God wants for us this year.

Pick a word, any word! Faith, Love, Light, Hope, Healing, Travel, Traversing, Tranquility, Health, Cheer leader, Festivity... The list could go on forever, but I'll stop at that. Pick one word or a group of no more than one word per person in your home, and make this your goal for the year. Let's say I pick "Light". I will determine to make, receive, see, or show that idea in as many aspects of my life as I possibly can this year. I can be a light to someone, I can remember that there is always more light than I can sometimes see in a situation, I will decide to be content with the idea that God's light is all I will ever need, I will be forever hopeful that the people who hurt my heart most last year will see that they can change and become a light bearing vessel to someone else.

You see how one word can have such limitless possibilities this year? I'm so excited to be sharing this with you, and I hope that you will decide to break through the traditions of years gone by and embrace a new kind of resolution, if you want to call it that. We will resolve to be different, we will resolve to change and be changed, we will resolve to make a difference in someone else's life. No, it's not something that you have to do every day, but it is something that you can embrace over the course of a year.
  • Put up post its with your word for the year in places that you will see every day. The refrigerator, bathroom mirror, your bible, or your car.
  • Meditate on what your word means, and how it can be integrated into your life.
  • Make a list of simple ways your can help some one else embrace this treasure. Just being a reflection of the meaning of your word is often times more than enough.
  • Leave your post its in places that others can see them. This may very well open up a line of conversation that will enable you to educate and maybe even encourage them to pick a word of their own this year.
  • Look up verses that talk about your word, or have reference to your word. Memorize them and call on those words when you need them most.
I hope that you will take on this challenge with me. I know that this time of year people are deciding to diet or things of that nature. Most of these things focus on your outward appearance. Pick something to concentrate on this year that focuses on your inward heart.


Many blessings, and I hope to post again soon.

4 comments:

  1. Well Heathereee - you are a light in my world - so there ya go - not even 2011 and already producing results. NY resolutions are not my style either - have had a continuing goal of getting healthier (having lost 30+ pounds is a good start for me and feels terrific!) and waiting on the Lord - I try to pull out in the passing lane any time I think He is taking too long on my request list - usually find a "truck day" in the passing lane. Keep on writing, praying and finding the path - He'll keep on providing a lamp unto your feet and a light unto your path.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Linda SUE! Goodness, I miss you. I hope all is moving well in y'alls lives. This year is gonna be better than last year. IT HAS TO BE! No, I know things can always get worse, but I am believing that this year is going to bring good things. You keep on keeping on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am hoping 2011 is a better year for me too! I have so many blessings in my life that I try to focus on but I also have my crosses to bear and they seem to take up way too much of my time and energy. So I am hoping to be able to focus more on the good things in my life in the coming year. Now I just need to find my word.....hmmmm. I love your idea and I am going to pray about finding the right word for me. I will let you know when I do.

    I have missed you. I love it when I see one of your posts! Thanks for always inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just want to add that my word for 2011 is HOPE! It seemed to be coming to me from all directions so I had to pick it. I posted your idea on my Facebook page along with Psalm 31:24 - Be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart, all you who HOPE in the LORD.

    One of my Facebook friends loved your idea and picked FAITH for her word. My husband even picked a word - PATIENCE!

    I can only HOPE that he learns PATIENCE in 2011! LOL!

    Thanks again for the inspiring idea!

    ReplyDelete